10th July 2011
Here's an email I received from Tom Palmer, Executive Vice President of Atlas Foundation. In response I've posted the link to the Morality of Capitalism book on my blog (right hand side, bottom). I'm now also providing this info to the readers of this blog as part of Freedom News series that I've begun.
The Morality of Capitalism project
Capitalism needs you. It suffers from inept, incompetent, and weak-kneed defenses. It's blamed for everything bad that ever happens, and never gets the credit for the good it creates. It's lifted hundreds and hundreds of millions of people out of poverty, but it's hated for "creating inequality."
- Put 100,000 copies of our new book The Morality of Capitalism in the hands of students across the U.S., Canada and Europe with our partner Students for Liberty, to counter the relentless propaganda they get from their teachers. The Moralityof Capitalism includes brand new material from pro-capitalism writers who are fighting for capitalism in China, Russia, and Africa and who make our case with a rigor and power that American students will appreciate;
- Sponsor essay contests in 13 languages to encourage young people all over the world to read – for the first time – the best arguments for the morality ofcapitalism; and then – of even greater importance – to think through them, to weigh them, and then to articulate their own arguments for capitalism;
- Identify the best students through the essay contestsand bring them to Freedom Schools to increase both their understanding of and their ability to debate, defend and upholdcapitalism.
- Translate the best arguments for capitalism into Russian, Chinese, Arabic, and many other languages and publish them in books, online, and in the popular press;
- Create dozens of videos that will reach hundreds of thousands of people with short, engaging, and clear arguments for liberty (our first one, The Morality ofProfit has had over 20,000 views in just a couple of weeks);and
- Bring the message directly to hundreds of thousands of young people on their campuses, by organizing Freedom-on-the-Road tours to campuses worldwide.
- More information is available in this brochure.