19th March 2018
Five falsehoods that most Indians believe
- That India’s large population size is a problem (e.g. “we are too big and other country lessons don’t apply to us”).
- That British rule harmed us so much that we are unable to recover from it.
- That capitalism is about exploitation of the poor by the rich.
- That Indians are fundamentally dirty and therefore litter their environment, as such nothing can be done about it.
- That India is a complex society with different religions and castes and so it can never succeed.
There are many other falsehoods they believe: the list is almost endless. But these are perhaps the main ones.