2nd November 2011
Indiais – what? Well, here’s your chance to win $4000 and many other prizes
The Public Diplomacy Division of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is hosting a global video challenge around the concept India is.
They’ve written to me (as I’m sure they have written to thousands of other bloggers) to help spread the message. [That's a positive sign in the first place – that the bureaucrats of India are beginning to think about the citizensphere].
Sure, I'm happy to do my mite for the government of India.
• 1 Grand Prize Winner = US$ 4,000This will be the video with simply the most number of votes irrespective of it's category• An all Expense Paid Trip to Incredible India*The best foreign entry will stand the chance to win an all expense paid trip to explore Incredible India• 1 Best Entry Prize per Category (3 in total) = US$ 2,500These videos will be the ones with the highest number of votes in each category (excluding the Grand prize winner)• 1 Jury's Choice Award = US$ 2,000The Jury members will select 1 video that they feel best encapsulated the concept and meaning of the 'India Is' Global Video Challenge• 1 Special Mention Award = US$ 2,000This prize will be awarded by the Organizers of the video challenge and will be left up to the discretion of the organizing body.
1) Creating an original video short on any of the themes of India Is
2) Filling out a brief registration form (name, age, region, title etc.)
3) Uploading your entry to the video challenge website (www.indiais.org)
Submit your entry HERE
• Competition Closed for Entries – 31st December 2011
• Announcements of Finalists selected by Organizers and Jury – 11th January 2012
• Finalist videos open to the public for voting – 11th January 2012
• Voting for public closes – 29th February 2012
• Prize Winners Announced – 7th March 2012
• 1 Grand Prize Winner = US$ 4,000
• 1 Best Entry Prize per Category (3 in total) = US$ 2,500
• 1 Jury's Choice Award = US$ 2,000
• 1 Special Mention Award = US$ 2,000
- SUBMIT VIDEO: You must first submit your video on the website after agreeing to the General Terms and Conditions. In order to submit your video, follow the instructions after clicking submit and simply provide us with the link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo.
You can submit your video on the website anytime between 1st of October 2011 – 31st December 2011.
- Once the jury has screened your short film it will either be ACCEPTED OR REJECTED depending on whether it adheres to all the Rules of the competition. This is why we strongly recommend you go through the Rules section very closely. The videos that are accepted will be showcased in the entries section of the website. Videos once rejected may not be replaced with another video.
- Our Jury members will SHORTLIST 20-30 FINALISTS based on the Judging Criteria set forth. All participants should be aware of these criteria. The Finalists will be announced on 11th January 2012 on the competition website.
- The Finalist videos will be up on the Entries>Finalists 2011 section of the website. They will face the challenge of winning the support of the public throughVOTES to make their short film prize worthy. You can and should urge your friends and peers to support your short film by casting their votes!
Some awards are not dependent on Public Votes. To know more about the different types of awards, please click here.
The Public Voting will begin on 11th January 2012 and continue on till 29th February 2012.
- The Prize Winners will be announced on 7th March 2012 on the competition website.
- Every submission must be a single work of original material taken by the entrant. Any discrepancy in the entrant's particulars may result in disqualification from the competition, at the sole discretion of the organizer.
- Digital video manipulation is allowed, to optimize an image, but adding or removing key elements of the composition is not allowed.
- Composite or montage videos, from more than one original image, are not eligible. Entrants of prize-winning videos may be required to produce the original video before the final prize is given.
- Videos may not contain defamatory, obscene, provocative, sexually explicit, objectionable or inappropriate content, at the sole discretion of the organizer.
- The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all the material entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not the organizers, to ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright requirements and own the rights to the reproduction of their content.
- The organizers are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Entrants discovered to tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Video Challenge, as determined by the organizers, will be disqualified.
- Should any part of this Video Challenge be compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the organizers, which, in the sole opinion of the organizers, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, the organizers reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the competition.
- The organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entry that it feels was placed due to tampering, abuse or fraud at any point in the competition.