Key classical liberals
Key resources on classical liberalism
- Socrates (Apology by Plato, a Word document, 130 KB)
- Magna Carta, 1225 (Word, 62KB)
- John Locke, 1690 (Treatise on Govt. Word, 380KB)
- Voltaire 1778 (Letter on Locke, Word, 41KB)
- Adam Smith 1776 (Wealth of Nations, Word 2.6 MB)
- David Hume (390KB, Word doc)
- Edmund Burke 1790 (Reflections on the Revolution in France, Text file, 570KB)
- James Madison, 1789. Amendments to US Constitution, Word 66KB)
- T Jefferson
- John Stuart Mill, 1859 (On Liberty, Word 311 KB)
- Ayn Rand
- FA Hayek (Use of knowledge in Society,1945, PDF 1.36MB). Do read The Fatal Conceit and The Constitution of Liberty.
- Milton Friedman (Capitalism and Freedom; link to his Indian writings, 1955)
- Peter Bauer
- Buchanan (Soul of liberalism, 2000. PDF 48KB)
A good list of economists at Cafe Hayek here – see also my comment on that blog post.
This is one of India's most popular blogs.
SUBSCRIBE by email:BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON THIS BLOG:
(1) Please make sure you:
(a) have read the Sone Ki Chidiya Total Reform Agenda; and
(b) are an organ donor.
(2) Be aware that any comment that is abusive or does not add value will be rejected.